With all the hardware installed correctly, follow these steps to connect the internal cabling.
You will have noticed during the previous work, that the PC Case itself has some cables. These are for the Front Panel Display. These are usually labelled as the following;
- SPK - Speaker - Small speaker mounted in the PC Case
- PWR SW - Power switch - System power on/off
- RST SW - Reset switch - Reset system
- PWR LED - Power LED - Light shows when system is on (usually green)
- HDD LED - HDD LED - Light shows when system is accessing HDD (usually red)
- SLP LED - Sleep LED - Light shows when system is suspended (in 'sleep' mode)
Basically, these connectors slide onto a set of grouped pins on the Motherboard. Owing to the many variations of Motherboard, it will be necessary to refer to your Motherboard manual for the connection method of these cables.
It is worth noting that a speaker or switch cable can be connected both ways round and work perfectly well, while an LED (Light Emitting Diode) cable must be connected the right way round to function properly. If an LED fails to light when it should, reverse the connection.